Thursday, January 26, 2023
4:00pm to 7:00pm Add to Calendar
Mt. Crescent Ski Area
17026 Snowhill Ln
Honey Creek, IA 51542
Are you new to skiing or snowboarding and want to learn the basics? Then join our Ski School Instructors at Mt. Crescent Ski Area on select dates in January for free lessons in honor of National Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month!
You'll be a pizza-making professional by the end of your lesson, build confidence in your abilities, and receive the fundamental knowledge you need to have some serious winter fun on the hill this season.
Please see details about lessons and availability below:
- Lessons are FREE!
- Lesson length will vary depending on group size, but will last between 30 minutes to an hour.
- Participants will learn three fundamental skills related to skiing and snowboarding:
- How to start
- How to stop
- How to turn
- Lessons are available on a walk-in basis only from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and cannot be reserved online beforehand.
- Doors open at 3:00 p.m.
- Limited availability, so show up early!
- Participants must be ages 9 and older.
- Participants will need to rent or bring their own equipment.
- Learn more about Mt. Crescent rental equipment and brands, here.
- All participants will need to fill out a waiver before participating in any activity at Mt. Crescent. Fill Out Your Waiver Online Here. Children under 18 years of age will need a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Mt. Crescent's free 1, 2, 3 Learn to Ski/Snowboard Lessons will be available from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. (as availability lasts) on January 18th, January 19th, January 25th, and January 26th.
The Pottawattamie Conservation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or other legally protected status in its employment, programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Human Resource Director 227 South 6th Street, Council Bluffs, IA 51501.