Hitchcock Modern Group Tent Campsite
Hitchcock Nature Center
27792 Ski Hill Loop
Honey Creek, Iowa 51542
Reservations must be made 2 days in advance.
Starting at $50.00
For those seeking a modern group camping experience friendly to campers of all ages and abilities, Hitchcock Nature Center also offers a multi-tent group campsite located near our RV campground and camping cabins. While camping in the group site, we ask that campers camp with integrity & enjoy the outdoors responsibly by employing Leave No Trace ethics and principles where appropriate
- Easy terrain access with nearby parking, located just below the RV campground.
- Loess Hills woodland setting
- Adjacent paved roadway
The Modern Group Campsite is located on the lower loop road (Tent Road) just south of the RV campground in the northern portions of the park. It is located and accessible via paved roads with nearby access to parking, pit and flush toilets, and a shower house.
- Keg beer is not permitted
- Hammocks are only allowed to be hung at the designated hammock campsites (Backcountry Campsite #6, Shea Way and Backcountry Campsite #7, Heritage)
- Campers are permitted to harvest dead fall wood from the ground for burning but may not cut down or damage live trees
- Please help us limit the spread of pests and DO NOT TRANSPORT FIREWOOD ACROSS STATE OR COUNTY LINES
All date changes must be made by calling the Park Office at (712) 328-5833. Recognize that we must first administratively cancel your existing online reservation, and then create a second reservation for the new date. An Administrative Fee of $25 will be assessed to complete this transaction. Please consider this procedure prior to making your initial reservation. (NOTE: Date changes will not be allowed within two weeks of the scheduled reservation)
Please understand at the time of booking your reservation that you immediately prohibit other people from reserving and utilizing that facility - they therefore go elsewhere to locate a facility for that date. We will observe a NON-REFUNDABLE RESERVATION FEE policy with the following exceptions:
- Accident, serious injury or death of an immediate family member
- Travel conditions where a substantial risk is required in order to travel such as a winter storm where a travel advisory has been issued
- We are unable to provide your facility (or like facility) in operable condition for the date of your event
ALL cancellations or requests for refunds cannot be done online and must be made by calling the Park Office at (712) 328-5833.
Modern Group Campsite reservations cost $50.00 per night + 4% processing fee. Walk-up/same day registrations cost $10.00 per tent per night. Walk-up/same day registrations must be made in-person at the park.
- Online reservations must be made at least two days prior to the date of arrival; walk-up/same day registrations are available for the group site but may be subject to a two-day maximum, depending on site reservations
- Barring reservations, the Modern Group Campsite may serve multiple walk-up groups at one time
- The Modern Group Campsite will accommodate up to six (6) tents at any one time
- Maximum stay is 14 days
- Campsites are considered reserved for a specific date when an online reservation has been submitted and the camping fee paid
- Paid online reservations include admission to the park for all associated overnight vehicles
- Walk-up/same day registrations include admission to the park for one vehicle. Additional guests will need to purchase a $5.00 per vehicle daily entrance pass at the front gate or have a valid Pottawattamie County Parks annual permit