Please note: There must be a minimum of 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground for snowshoe rentals.
Explore the Loess Hills in a whole new way on your own snowshoe adventure! Snowshoes are available for guest rental at the Loess Hills Lodge at Hitchcock Nature Center during regular winter gallery hours and must be returned before the gallery closes.
- Rental fee: $6 per day
- Availability: First-come, first-served. Snowshoes are not reservable.
- Renters must read and complete a rental agreement, pay the rental fee & leave an item for collateral. Accepted items are keys, photo ID, or a credit card.
- There must be a minimum of 4 to 6 inches of snow on the ground for snowshoes to be rented. Staff & volunteers at the lodge at the time of your visit make the determination and may decide conditions are not safe for snowshoe rentals.
- Snowshoes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and may not be reserved in advance. Snowshoes may not be available during snowshoe programs.
- Renters must be age 18 and over, guests under 18 must have a snowshoe waiver signed by a parent or guardian and be under adult supervision at all times.
- Renters are responsible for all damages beyond normal wear and tear up to a replacement charge of $150.00 per pair. Damages are assessed by staff.
- Snowshoes that are lost will be subject to a replacement cost of $150.00 per pair.
- Snowshoes not returned by the time the gallery closes will be charged for another day's rental.