T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes
Winners (there may be up to 3) will each receive:
- A Pottawattamie Conservation annual park pass
- A certificate for a two-night camping cabin stay ($100 value), good to use at either Arrowhead Park or Hitchcock Nature Center.
- Recognition on Pottawattamie Conservation’s social media, website and e-newsletter, and in a press release.
- One (1) t-shirt featuring your design in a size of your choice
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material.
- It’s recommended to render your design in a design program such as Adobe Illustrator, Canva, etc. Please include a high-resolution PDF or JPG file, and a vector-based EPS file if possible.
- A conceptual design may be submitted instead of a fully rendered design. All conceptual designs must be spelled out using descriptive language to articulate the design. Please also include a sketch of the design. Select designs may be chosen by Pottawattamie Conservation for rendering by a graphic artist.
- Entries become the property of Pottawattamie Conservation and winners have no right to proceeds from sales featuring their design.
- Pottawattamie Conservation reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including the colors of the design.
Eligibility: This contest is open to the public and all ages. Child and student designs are welcome!
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by December 31st, 2021 to email@example.com
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2021 T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name + Design Title.”
- Include your name, mailing address, and telephone number.
Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures the spirit of the outdoors
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
Possible themes to incorporate: Hiking/trails, oak trees, the Loess Hills, camping, and native species or wildlife.
How Winners Will Be Notified
Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a "winner" of the contest via social media, Pottawattamie Conservation blog, e-newsletter, and on pottconservation.com.
At the sole discretion of Pottawattamie Conservation, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner's failure to respond to the notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner's failure to provide original design files.
By participating in the 2021 Hitchcock Nature Center T-Shirt Design contest, you agree:
- To release the rights to your design to Pottawattamie Conservation for t-shirts available for sale at the Loess Hills Lodge and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the Pottawattamie Conservation website, social media, and marketing materials.
- That Pottawattamie Conservation reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- That winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prizes.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- December 31, 2021 - SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- January 7, 2022 - Winner announced
- Spring 2022 - T-shirt released and available for sale
If you have any questions regarding contest rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org